Auto Insurance ConsultationsPublished on January 14, 2019
This information is being sent on behalf of Michael Tibollo MPP Vaughan-Woodbridge
The Government is taking another step to get auto insurance costs in Ontario under control. We are inviting drivers, consumers and businesses to share their views on how we can modernize and improve the auto insurance system.
The submission deadline is February 15, 2019. Please encourage those interested to visit bit.ly/2QCrRot to have their say.
- The previous government’s failed system of stretch goals on auto insurance is clearly broken. Auto insurance rates in Ontario are among the highest in the country, and action is needed.
- As part of our commitment to putting drivers first and making life more affordable, we want to hear directly from drivers, consumers, and businesses on how to improve Ontario’s auto insurance system.
- The consultations represent the latest step to get auto insurance costs under control in Ontario. In addition to seeking ideas on ways to modernize the system by cutting red tape, we are:
- Working with the MPP for Milton, Parm Gill, on his proposed legislation that, if passed, would eliminate the unfair practice of discriminating against drivers simply based on where they live.
- Creating a regulatory framework that allows for a more modern auto insurance sector, including electronic communications, and electronic proof of auto insurance.
- Moving toward full electronic commerce, similar to what is already provided by other financial institutions today, including banks and credit unions.
We hope that you will take a moment to provide your input on this important consultation on how to make auto insurance more affordable in Ontario.